Saturday, December 27, 2008

Progress
Number Six in a Ten Part Series
Progress Report Number Five


The previous Blog Post featured progress that has happened in the past seven months in the residential area behind this the former "Westgate Shopping Center" in Macon, Georgia.

This area once hosted the first enclosed Shopping Mall in Georgia. Then it was reconstructed as a strip shopping area with Home Depot and WalMart as the main attractions. Both of these large grey box retailers have moved on to other sections/areas of Macon and/or Bibb County. The question is: Why????

I am confident that their are many theories as to why this happened. But that is not the problem that I would like to focus on as I post this Blog Entry. What has our Main Stream Media and our Local Governments done to expose this situation. I have the feeling that too many are simply throwing up their arms and saying that they are powerless. I may not be too intelligent, but I was always told that no one can solve a problem unless they first admit that there is a problem. I think we have a problem and we all need to admit it. Only then can the problem and/or problems be resolved.


No comments: