Saturday, December 06, 2008

Christmas Time in West Bibb County
Georgia

As most of you know, I, the Flower Child always look forward to Christmas. It is the time of the year when we celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I never knew much about the Old Testament of Holy Scripture until I entered High School and participated in the "Mixed Chorus."
In the Northeast Iowa Community where I attended High School the enrollent was 126 Farm Kids. There 110 of us in "Mixed Chorus" and we performed Handel's "Messiah" every year just before our Christmas Break. Then I learned about the Holy Book of Isaiah. George F. Handel used the Book of Isaiah and the prophecies therein and the wording in Isaiah as the basis of the "Messiah," we performed. I soon grew to love the grand music and the words contained in the Messiah. Thus I have a deepened sense of what Christmas is all about. The Music of the Messiah is overwhelming and motivates me to appreciate even more the Christmas Season.
What you are viewing above is a night photograph of the Entrance door. Recently as I viewed one too many episodes of HGTV I learned that the "in" color for Christmas decor for 2008 is Copper and Turquoise. As you view the wreath you can discern these two colors.
Of course no Christmas decor would be complete with out a green wreath, white lights and a large red bow. This wreath adorns the Garage Wall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that wreath at the main door of your home.