Sunday, April 05, 2009

Clivia
A Member of the Amaryllis Family

It is certainly time for the Flower Child to share a picture from his House Plant Collection. This Clivia plant was given to me some years ago. I have enjoyed the delightful Orange Blooms every April. It is certainly a low maintenance plant. It thrives on the northern exposure of the deck during the warm months and lives in the unheated garage every Winter until the flower buds appear. At this time it is brought into the house for to enjoy the beauty. It is also a great plant to share with gardening friends. This plant currently has two new shoots which I will split off the Mother plant once the flower dies.

I have recently seen this plant in one of my favorite gardening catalogues for the price of $52.00 per plant, so I certainly appreciate the gardening friend who passed this one along to me a good number of years ago.


No comments: