Thursday, April 30, 2009

"Troubled Times"
or
The Flower Child is Happy

Every day we as we view the evening news we are bombarded with information concerning the difficult times we are living in. U. S. Auto Companies are facing bankruptcy and other institutions have received large sums of Government Assistance. These programs all have unique and special names. All of our Lawmakers are blaming somebody else and they are attempting to buy our economy out of trouble by spending funds that no one currently has. I suspect that our Government is printing money!!!
I have just learned that the prominent "Jones Family" just buried their last family member. For years everyone attempted to live like the "Jones Family." It is my understanding that the family members were buried at the expense of the local County Government in paupers graves. It is unfortunate that this has happened, but I think that the situation was a sign of the times.
Everyone needed more and needed the most up-to-date decor in their homes as well as all the latest gadgets in their personal transportation.
Everyone knows that I post this Blog as the "Flower Child." I had a humble orgin on the banks of the Mississippi River in Northeast Iowa. I was a Farmer's Son along with five other Siblings. I remember that one year we all received one bicycle for Christmas. We were told we could take turns riding it. Of course this was before the electronic media and the exposure to the good times/things allowed us to view how other people lived. Briefly stated, all of us were unaware of what we were missing. We all had chores to conduct before we ate breakfast and walked to our one-room Country School. Yet we remained happy with our one bike. Just as I am happy to enjoy the beauty of this Clematis Vine.

Over the years I have learned to continue to enjoy the simple things of life. I enjoy working in the soil and watching plants grow. You see me here with an arbor that I constructed that is currently holding up Dwarf Wistera Vines that are in bloom.


Upon receipt of the 2008 Economic Stimulus payment I acquired two urns to adorn the front entrance of my home here in West Bibb County. The Fatsia plants wintered over real well and are a delight to behold as they spring forth with new growth.
All of this to say that I do not employ the most modern chemicals to destroy the growth of unwanted plants in my Gardens. As I posted a few days ago, I expect to acquire a New Weed Eater to cut off the unwanted plants without the use of Chemicals; which from my point of view are harmful to our ground water.
Yes, the Jones Family has passed away and we all can learn a lot about how to conduct our future lives. I am certainly happy enjoying the plants which adorn the Gardens where I live. I certainly do not need to have the latest decor in my abode to enjoy life. The Beauty of Nature that surrounds me is delightful to behold and the scene changes every day if I but take the time to walk around a bit to enjoy it.
"The Flower Child is Happy"




No comments: