Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Gratitude

Recently I read where we as a society have lost the art of sending Thank You notes to individuals and even organizations that certainly deserve our gratitude.

Some will state that they are too busy to take the time to compose a brief note. Others will say that they do not know what to say. In my brief life on this planet I have learned that the quickest way to introduce a new habit is to put the concept into practice.

What I find amazing is the fact that some organizations that depend on volunteers and donations to operate are often the first to not display gratitude in a meaningful way. I am seriously considering terminating my support for any organization or even an individual that cannot display some measure of gratitude by sending a note. Before you think this is self centered, please take the time to reflect on a situation where you expended an effort to help an individual or an organization. The receipt of a Thank You note warmed your heart and also impressed you.

Implementation of this policy will certainly eliminate my involvement with several organizations and also free me to engage in other worthwhile opportunities.

So you are possibly wondering why the picture of blooming Easter Lilies to start this post? These flowers were in full bloom this past Sunday at the Church I attend. Some might say a little late for Easter, but let me remind all here that last Sunday was the Seventh Sunday of Easter. The flowers blooming were certainly appropriate. Think for a Moment: "When was the last time you displayed your gratitude for what you have?" Specifically in view of the Easter Lily picture. When was the last time you entered your place of worship to personally "Thank Your God?"

No comments: