Monday, May 11, 2009

Updating Houses

It seems that every article you read or every program on the electronic media about housing encourages the home owner to update their homes so that someday they will be worth more when it comes time to sell.
From my point of view this appears to be an over abundance of marketing and an effective way for the plethora of home remodelers, builders and material suppliers to keep their businesses thriving. I for one think this is a great move for the economy. I am currently investigating the need for new brick on my home here in West Bibb County, Georgia. One local vendor appears to have me in mind. This firm is advertising New Brick.
While I did not take the time to view all the sample walls this one impressed me the most. Admittedly it looks a lot like the current brick on my home, but it would be new brick. Although I have yet to replace the countertops in my home I am concerned that the current bricks on the exterior may be near the end of their shelf life. The home I reside in was build in 1991 and I do not desire to have the brick go bad. As you can tell I am concerned about the exterior of my home. After all who wants the winds, the rains and the snow to penetrate the siding?

No comments: