Wednesday, May 06, 2009

The Rains Came
Today was an excellent day to do intense gardening here in Middle Georgia. I cleaned up the Ivy Bed on the side of the drive way. The weather was so nice that I mowed all the weeds and still had time to proceed to the ACE Store to acquire fertilizer. I chose 33-3-3 with all the trace elements. The real grass has been fighting the weeds so I figured that a strong fertilizer with lots of nitrogen would give the grass a real boost. I applied it as directed and read the after application directions. It clearly stated to water well after the fertilizer is applied. I was hoping that the evening rains would resolve the watering issue. About 6:00 P.M. this evening we had plenty of rain so the directions have been complied with.
With the high nitrogen content I suspect that I will be mowing the lush growth in a few days. But with a name like "Flower Child" I simply must have the best looking lawn possible. Enjoy the weather.

No comments: