Monday, May 18, 2009

Spent Shell Casings
Brass Sales to China
I Can Not Believe this is Happening
I have recently been made aware of a terrible situation that is happening in our United States of America.
But first, let me discuss my position regarding our Nation's Defense Establishment. I am old enough to know that during World War II our Nation's Factory Infrastructure allowed us to build "Liberty Ships" at Kaiser Shipbuilding in California in a mere six days. I am also aware that our automobile factories were converted to manufacture tanks and jeeps. Additionally our Aircraft Production Facilities produced an abundance of bombers and fighters which allowed us to win the War.
With this background in mind I can firmly support our Governments actions to keep our U. S. Automobile Manufacturing capacity in the United States of America.
All of this stated to simply let you know that I was shocked to learn that recently our Department of Defense is selling the spent shell casings to China at a price lower than our own reloading companies based in the U. S. A. have been previously paying. Plus the Defense Department is shredding the cases at expense to us all before it is sold to the Chinese.
It is my understanding that prior to the establishment of this new Department of Defense (DOD) policy/procedure that our U. S. A. reloading industry was buying these spent shell casings, reloading them and selling them to Law Enforcement Agencies, Gun Clubs and Retailers in our Country.
When shell manufactures have to rely on new shell casings the cost of training the members of our Law Enforcement Agencies and our Nation's Heroes in the U. S. Military will possibly double or even triple. This in a time when we are hoping that our Tax Dollars can be used most effectively for our very own protection, both on a World Wide Scale and in our own Cities, States and yes, even our own Nation.
I have also heard that our current administration is working to place a 500 percent tax on each shell. I certainly hope that this is an untruth. As a Nation we are all aware that our current Freedoms did not come about casually. As we approach Memorial Day 2009 and look forward to Veteran's Day 2009 let us all remember that "Freedom is Not Free."
I think everyone in our Country today can tell you the name of a Hero within their own Family, or at least within their circle of Friends and Neighbors who has been killed in action in defense of our United States of America.
It appears to me, The Flower Child, that our current government is taking a few pages out of the "Play Book" that was used during the 1930s in Germany. My fellow Americans, we simply cannot stand by and let this happen in our United States of America.
Thank You!!!

No comments: