Thursday, May 07, 2009

Photography
The Right Place at The Right Time

Yesterday I was concluding a photo assignment as a member of the Middle Georgia Camera Club. We often do in-club competitions to show our peers our work. At a recent meeting everyone was given the opportunity to draw an assignment out of the hat. I was fortunate to draw a "Wild Card" subject so I have been engaged in taking pictures of steeples in Macon.
As I was concluding my downtown photo shoot I was able to view the sky turning dark for an impending rain storm. I was traveling up Walnut Street and I saw this view. The bright white of the steeple against the sky. I stopped on Bond Street and acquired this image. The key to obtaining great scenic photographs is often being at the right place at the right time.

No comments: