Monday, August 07, 2006




The Insurance Man
Almost since time commenced and people have accumulated possessions there have been systems developed to help people replace their losses. These losses can be people inducted or they can be acts of God.
As a dedicated citizen of the human race with no real employment I frequently listen to talk radio. One of my favorite shows in in the afternoon here in Middle Georgia is the "Clark Howard Show. Most of us have the option of listening and also enjoying "Clark Howard." In some circles he is known as a cheap man. What I appreciate most about listening to Clark is his valuable information on saving money.
Recently he discussed in great detail "Home Owners Insurance." He highlighted the value of having a high deductible on any home owners insurance policy. To have a low deductible causes high preimums and as Clark pointed out, in recent years, once you file a claim and it is adjudicated a growing number of companies are then dropping the policy holder. Not really a nice situation to be involved with or in. In fact, if you and your mortgage company are co-owners of your home, you already know that you must acquire insurance to protect the mortgage company's interest.
Thus, as Clark pointed out, why pay high preimums only to be dropped after one claim. Recently, I am confident, we have all heard about many mainline companies dropping home owner coverage in those states of our great United States who have experienced exceptionally severe weather in recent years.
I must say that in my case I participate in an annual evaluation of my home owners insurance and also my auto insurance and my "Insurance Man" has advised me to maintain the highest deductible possible in order to keep my yearly cost at the lowest level. I publish this information so that you also may become a smart shopper when you acquired or renew your home owner's insurance. I do not know about you, but during my years as a working citizen I worked fairly hard; which allows me to think things through before I expend my limited resources now as I continue to enjoy my life as a member of the "Retired Citizens of America" (RCA).

No comments: