Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Monday, April 16, 2007
Today, as I reflect on the events of the date indicated above, all I can say is that I am shocked. Although it is difficult to say, this is but one example of the price our whole society has to pay to enjoy the freedoms that we here in the United States of America appreciate. We all have hear the adage: "Freedom is Not Free." This statement holds true today, just as it has in the past.
I personally feel that our Society today has to go back to basics. Before we jump off of the Deep End, please remember that our Society is governed by the values we as adults instill in our youth. I feel that we have not been doing too well lately. But then, each generation in our past history has always been able to say that about the upcoming citizens.
As we all contemplate this shocking situation, may I remind my readers today that as shocking as April 16, 2007 was, we must go forward. We were all in a state of shock on September 11, 2001 and even for weeks afterward. Yes, life must go on, but I also fear that six years from now we will have dim memories of April 16, 2007. This is a shocking statement you say. How can we forget? May I humbly remind you that we have far too many Adult Leaders in our Government who appear to have forgotten September 11, 2001. I find that statement shocking also.
Thank You for reading my Blog today.

No comments: