Friday, April 27, 2007

Climbing Hydrangea in Middle Georgia

A close up view of the Impending Blooms

The entire Climbing Hydrangea on the North Side of the House

Many years ago while attending a lecture by a member of the Gardens Staff of Callaway Gardens I observed the image of a Climbing Hydrangea. I was impressed with the beauty of the vine and also the blooms. After the lecture I asked the presentor about growing such a plant here in Middle Georgia. I was quickly informed that the mini climate here in Middle Georgia was not adequate for such a plant to flourish. A few years later while on a Nursery/Garden Tour in the Athens, Georgia area I observed a Climbing Hydrange for sale for a mere $5.00. I did some research and placed this plant in a $20.00 hole. Pine Bark Mulch, Course Sand and Black Cow were the important components of the hole. I was also informed by various experts that this plant would not bloom here in Middle Georgia. But, that I could try. Now, some four or five years later I have observed impending blooms on the vine. Today I share the pictures with you. I do not know how long it will be before the blooms pop out, but you can be sure that I will share them with you here on Flower Child's Blog.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The tree huggers are not concerned with environment, it is all about power,
there is a good chance when thr tree huggers(male and Female) wipe their
rectums there using a good sized wad of A-- wipe???? Video Cams will be
needed to monitor this new movement, no pun intended!!!!!!!!! If this sounds
interesting, well it is!!! John Paul!!!