Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Our America
As I watched the Convocation at the Virginia Tech Campus yesterday I made a few notes. We were informed that the events of April 16, 2007 were a Global Tragedy. Certainly true. The statement by the Vice President of Student Affairs, "Recover, but Never, Ever Forget," is certainly germane. The Governor of the Commonwealth of Virginia also had it correct when he advised all that "Comfort" for peers, family, friends and even all humankind was certainly needed and welcome at this time. Our President urged us all to rely on the Sources of Strength:
  • The College Community,
  • With Loved Ones,
  • The Faith that can be found in Houses of Worship, and
  • A Loving God.

Personally, I felt that the Convocation was well done and I can certainly appreciate what was said and done in the day following this tragic event.

As I stated in a previous blog, It is my concern and also my prayer, that we do not ever forget. When I state "we" I also urge our Leaders at all levels to remember. Thank You!!!

No comments: