Sunday, August 30, 2009

Edward M (Ted) Kennedy
1932-2009
As I watched the Funeral Mass yesterday I heard a quote from Luke 12 verse 48. Depending on which version of Holy Scripture that you appreciate the words are something like this:
"For everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked."
It is not my purpose to debate Holy Scripture however I would like to simply point out that there many Citizens of any Country that dedicate their lives to Public Service for the benefit of their Fellow Citizens. Senator Ted Kennedy and his brothers, who made the ultimate sacrifice, John F (a.k.a. Jack) and Robert, during their service to the United States of America certainly are to be appreciated by all of us. Edward served as a Senator from his State during the period 1962 through 2009.
We do not now know if any of the Kennedy Family will new serve as the next Senator to replace Ted, but we do know that the Kennedy Family has well over fifty years of Service to our Nation in the U. S. Congress. I state this fact to simply point out that there is no current Family, that I know of, that has given so much to the United States of America. To those who have given so much of their lives to insure our Freedoms, including our Nation's Past and Current Heroes, as well as those who have given so much to Govern our United States of America, we all, You and I owe a resounding "Thank You!!"
As I also heard during my viewing of the Dike-New Hartford versus Aplington-Parkersburg High School Foot Ball game on ESPN when a Commentator made this remark: "When You Give, You Grow."
"When You Give, You Grow," is certainly a comment that I can correctly apply to the Kennedy Family. Yes, they have given much.

No comments: