Sunday, August 02, 2009

Night Blooming Cereus
The Morning After

For the past two evenings I have shared the beauty of this lovely, heavenly and fragrant flower with friends and neighbors. This is what the bloom looks like on the morning after such a lovely looking flower. Indeed, you must stay up late to enjoy the full beauty of this special Flower.
This is the first time we have had blooms on our two plants which we received as cuttings about five years ago. I have been informed that there is a possibility that they will bloom one more time this Late Summer or Early Fall.
You can be confident that if they bloom again that I will share a few pictures with you. As I strolled through the Gardens today I ascertained that the "Angel Trumpets" are developing flower buds and could possibly be blooming in a few days.
The beauty of God's Creation never ends. Enjoy Life.

No comments: