Saturday, August 15, 2009

Little League World Series
It simply does not get any better than this. Here we are at 1:56 P.M. on Saturday, August 15, 2009 and the Little League Team from Iowa has advanced to the Little League World Series. Last Evening I also watched a great game where the Little league Team from Georgia advanced to the Little league World Series.
For an Former Iowa Farm Boy and now a Retiree living in Georgia it simply does not get any better than this.
Of course it would be interesting if the teams from Iowa and Georgia met in the U. S. A. Championship. At this time I do not know who I would support. Only time will tell.
Cash for Clunkers
Yes, I know this is a two subject Blog Post. This morning as I enjoyed my Saturday Morning Coffee I read my local Newspaper. It was with great sorrow that I read that our Federal Government is tardy in paying the Car Dealers who have participated in the Cash for Clunkers Program.
As I read the article I contemplated the results of a possible Government Take-Over of Health Care/Health Care Insurance Reform which has been the subject of much activity on the National Level. Suppose we have this "Reform" and Health Care providers are kept waiting for appropriate reimbursement just as the Auto Dealers are now waiting!!! How long will we wait for appropriate reimbursement? How many Auto Dealers will have severe financial problems as they wait for promised payments? Or, for that matter, if Health Care Reform/Health Care Insurance Reform is adopted based on current proposals; how long will Health Care Organizations need to wait?
I would submit that if our Federal Government can not keep payments on a three billion dollar program that they will perform far more poorly with payments to Health Care Providers. Certainly something to consider. Recent information indicates that in 2007 the Health Care Cost in the U. S. A. was 2.4 Trillion Dollars.
Of course the standard excuse for the poor performance on paying auto dealers on a Three Billion Dollar Program is that systems are not up and running. Can you imagine how the Federal Government will mess up on payments for a 2.4 Trillion Dollar Program?
For additional information on our 2007 Health Care Cost please visit:

No comments: