Monday, August 24, 2009

Ocmulgee National Monument
National Park Service
Macon, Georgia


The Great Temple Mound

The Earth Lodge


The Visitor's Center and Museum


The Trail Marker




The Opening Ceremony
Monday, August 24, 2009
The displays inside the Museum Visitor's Center were recently renovated as part of the National Park Service's goal to improve the content of the displays. The Opening Ceremony was held to signify the completion of this project. After the Ceremony I took the opportunity to view the Visitors Log and was impressed. Within the past three days this Macon, Georgia tourist attraction has had visitors from New Zealand, France and England. To learn more about this facility which is part of the National Park Service please visit:

1 comment:

William Haun said...

I'll take credit for the New Zealand one! That was my friend Jon Dunn who came to visit me last week. Trey and I took him by there on Friday - he really enjoyed the spot too!