Tuesday, March 01, 2011



StoryCorps

About thee weeks ago I observed a local television broadcast during the evening news about StoryCorps and how they were recording the stories of citizens in Middle Georgia.  I immediately called the Toll Free number and made an appointment to tell my story.  I committed to the 10:30 A.M. Time on Monday, February 28th, 2011.

The story was told and the audio recording was made.  After I was presented with a CD containing my story the Staff of the StoryCorps took my picture for record purposes.

My story was recorded and a copy will go to the "American Folklife Center" at the Library of Congress.  There is also a chance that my story will be broadcast on National Public Radio.  I now am a StoryCorps Alumni and my story will become a very small part of the over thirty-five thousand stories that have been archived in the Library of Congress.  The picture above is very much like the one the Staff of StoryCorps took on Monday Morning.

I am happy that I participated in this event.  I am also able to make copies of my CD to share with my Family and Friends. 

No comments: