Thursday, July 20, 2006

Angel Trumpet Flowers




Today I would like to share with you four pictures from a cutting of an Angel Trumpet that I rooted in November 2005. This is the first of eleven plants which I rooted. I am very satisfied with the result. This is a difficult plant to take picture of. The first cutting with blooms has a total of seven flowers. You will have to look close to see all of these lovely flowers. The pictures of the bottom end or the bell of the trumpet showing the open blooms were taken as I laid on the ground and shot upward. This plant is about five feet tall. The fragrance of these flowers is simply overpowering. I enjoy gardening and working with plants that you do not see very often. I have heard that the "Angel Trumpet" is making a come back from years ago. Just the other day I observed a small plant in a six inch container at a local garden center and the price was $19.00. I hope you enjoy the pictures of this blooming plant.

No comments: