Sunday, July 09, 2006


"I am a Baptized Child of God"
I am grateful that I can make this statement. Although I was baptized as an infant, I do have memories of the Baptism of my Baby Sister when she was born four years after me. The practice in our family was to have the Minister come to the home and baptize the baby within a month of birth.
Like myself, all of my siblings were born in the Winter so I think this was the most practical method for the baptisms. My post of July 7th spoke of one of my younger Brothers and how he served in the U. S. Navy. During his recent Funeral Service the Minister used his Confirmation Text for the basis of the message. The text was: Matthew 24:13. "But the one who endures to the end will be saved."
The message was very comforting for all of us. Everyone knew that my Brother was a faithful believer in God. He was known for his attendance at weekly Bible Studies conducted at his Church. He was a dedicated citizen of this world and openly displayed his belief in God by his actions.
I share this information with you today, because even though he was a bit younger than me, I used him as a role model. When I would become overconfident with my attitude that I was doing good things for God, he would always remind me that my Eternal Life in Heaven was the result of my faith, not of any thing that I accomplished. For his guidance I shall be ever grateful.

1 comment:

BEEBEE said...

God bless you! Thank you for your service to our country, and for being a outstanding Citizen1 The photos of flowers are beautiful. I am sorry for the loss of your brother, as I am sure you miss him dearly. It is a comfort though when we know that a family member has accepted Christ in their life before passing on to be with the Father in heaven.