Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Travelers Dilemma
(Dilemma = any situation necessitating a choice between unpleasant alternatives)
The above image was taken on Thursday, July 6, 2006 near a rest area on I-475 which is the bypass of Macon, Georgia.
I find the message very interesting. Some states in our great union have these Rest Stops much closer than we do here in Georgia. I know that in Illinois they strive to have a Rest Stop every 60 miles on the Interstate Highway System. Not only is this a safety consideration, but it also allows travelers to discharge the byproducts of their body systems when they are engaged in long distance travel.
I remain amazed that the current health care crisis in our great United States is focused on obesity. I would submit that a portion of the obese problems we hear of are directly related to poor planning on the part of our various Highway Engineers. We simply need more rest stops. Could it be that some people are obese because they have developed large bladders!!!!!!! Something to consider. I am sure that we in Georgia can do better when we plan for future Interstate Improvements. We may even build more Rest Stops.

No comments: