Wednesday, July 26, 2006


Beautiful Vista
vista has several meanings. The one I selected for this blog is: "a view or outlook, especially one seen through a long passage, as between rows of houses or trees."
This particular image is a scene from Israel. I found it on the World Wide Web. Recently we have all been exposed to the carnage taking place in this part of our World. Not a very pleasant picture to be sure.
I feel that the citizens of Israel are doing what they know has to be done. For too long they have responded to the frequent request of the citizens of Lebanon by giving up lands. Always, the citizens of Israel were told that this would insure peace in the future. A quick review of recent events certainly proves that concept to be invalid.
As you all know, my name for this blog is "Flower Child." A review of earlier post will give you the background information regarding that name. Let it also be known that in another life that "Flower Child" was a trained killer. The once nice thing about service in the U. S. Navy is the fact that most of the time we fired our weapons over the horizon at targets. Therefore we seldom had to witness the carnage that our weapons inflicted on the selected target. However to be absolutely honest, I never witnessed or participated in any conflict during my tour in the U. S. Navy.
Although I was a trained killer, our mantra always was, and I believe still is: "Power for Peace." I know that I took an oath to obey the orders of those in Command over me and my Shipmates. As you know, the ultimate Commander of all branches of the United States Military is duly elected by all the citizens of the United States of America. I am grateful for that system of Command and Control.
Now, back to the image in this blog. The citizens of Israel are doing what they need to do. They, just like we the people in the United States of America; have a long proud heritage to defend. They also have a way of life that they are defending.
I selected this image today to also point out to you, my fellow citizens of the United States of America, that other than the Civil War, we have never experienced a "War" on our soil. I also believe that all freedom loving peoples on our Earth long for "Peace." The citizens of Israel have experienced "War" on their soil. I must also be quick to admit that we have only recently experienced an act of "War" on our soil. I personally feel that the events of September 11, 2001 were an act of "War" and an attack on our very way of life.
I close this blog with one simple statement: "Power for Peace."

No comments: