Monday, July 24, 2006


Fine Living
Several days ago I published my "Angel Trumpet" flower blog. What you are viewing today is a light pink "Angel Trumpet." I acquired six cuttings of this lovely flower from a peer in the Middle Georgia Camera Club last November and rooted them, along with the six cuttings I took from my original plant. The first Pink Angel Trumpet Flowers are in their full beauty today. I still have eight plants that are growing blossoms.
I have recently completed a pleasant road trip through the Great Upper MidWest. This is also an area of the United States that I usually refer to as "The Holy Land." You may ascertain correctly that I am a product of that part of our United States of America.
Our youngest son and his bride of several years now reside in the Saint Louis, Missouri area. That stated it was our pleasant opportunity to visit them for many days in late June and early July 2006.
Needless to say they were great host. While there we enjoyed casual dining at three of the Saint Louis area establishments which also appear to have a U. S. A. wide appeal. You have not enjoyed Ice Cream until you have dined at Ted Drewes. Their Web Site is: http://www.teddrewes.com/Drewes.asp
We also enjoyed a full service meal at: http://www.fitzsrootbeer.com/ This established landmark in a delightful collegiate community features fine Root Beer and Hamburgers, the likes of which I have never experienced. Simply Delightful!!!!!
Not forgetting his Mother's Southern Heritage, our son and his bride took us to a delightful Chicken Place: http://www.hodaks.com/home.html Great Chicken at warehouse prices. Fast, efficient and reliable service appear to be the hallmark of this family friendly Chicken House.
You will certainly appreciate a visit to Saint Louis, Missouri and also ascertain for yourself why I entitled this entry "Fine Living."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great flowers, Alan!

Julieann said...

I want to thank you for commenting on my blog a few days ago---if you hadn't I never would have found your wonderful blog---it is very enjoyable to read.

Julieann:)