Saturday, May 05, 2007

15th Annual Orphan Car Celebration

Snellville Georgia


1941 Packard Model One Twenty
1955 Packard Patrician
The Flower Child visited the Orphan Car Celebration, which is part of the Snellville, Georgia Days, held during the First weekend of May each year. I had hoped to be able to see a 1949 Packard Clipper, which was the automobile my Dad purchased when I was nine years old. After World War II, everyone had to put their name on list to acquire an automobile. The Packard Dealership was brand new in our Hometown and the price was the same as a Plymouth. Thus began my teen-age love affair with the Packard Automobile. It was a slightly misty day so the show chairman informed me that a lot of the potential exhibitors simply stated home today. It was a fun day and I enjoyed the Orphan Car Celebration very much.

No comments: