Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Flower Child's Blooming Vines

A few days ago I posted a picture of the Climbing Hydrangea that now resides on the North Side of the Brick Home where I live. It is making progress. If you look closely you will see some of the bloom development on this Lace Cap Hydrangea. Should you desire to acquire additional information on this special plant please visit:
Dr. Michael Dirr is a world renown expert on plants and I have heard him speak several times. The challenge of nurturing this plant here in Middle Georgia is beginning to produce results. I suspect some of the progress can be attributed to the rather different weather we have experienced this past Winter and Spring. In any regard, I am looking forward to the full bloom display.


The next plant that I will highlight today is a Confederate Jasmine. This very fragrant vine produces lovely white flowers. Several years ago I planted one at the rear of the brick encased mail box at my home. What you see here is how beautiful the vine has enclosed all the brick work. I am confident that my letter carrier also enjoys the fragrance each day as she delivers me my bills. Additional information regarding this fine plant which is very easy to grow can be found here:
Additionally, you can do a google search and obtain more information about each of these plants that I have featured here today.
Enjoy the creation here that we have the opportunities to enjoy.

No comments: