Monday, May 28, 2007

Why?

Son One

Son Two


Flower Child and Son Two


Flower Child's Bride and The Baby

Permit me to take this opportunity to tell you Why!!! During the days of this past Memorial Day Weekend, I have read and also viewed on the electronic media, the tributes to our Celebration of Memorial Day. Almost to a person, the Warriors interviewed stated that they did serve or are serving so that their Families can continue to enjoy the opportunities of citizenship in a Great Country, Our own United States of America.

We can all recall the HBO Mini-Series of a few years ago entitled "Band of Brothers." Most recently we have had the opportunity to view "Flags of our Fathers," which was about the horrible situation in the Pacific. Each of these featured the suffering and death of many heroes that have sacrificed all to allow us all to enjoy our freedoms. In my own case I was a Vietnam era Veteran. My own children provided the catalyst for me to make a career of the Military. I wanted to insure a great way of life for my Children and also my Beloved Bride.

I suspect that the majority in the United States Military, Army, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard and Navy today would also tell you exactly what I have heard and had the opportunity to view this past weekend.

As we conclude the Memorial Day Observances it is my sincere prayer and also my desire that we continue to remember our current Heroes and their Families and the sacifrices they make on a daily basis.


No comments: