Friday, May 11, 2007


Read Aloud
Attention Class: On May 11, 2007, The Flower Child completed his ninth year as a Read Aloud Volunteer in the Bibb County School System. The program was first known as "Rolling Readers" but over the course of time the name was changed to "Read Aloud."

The Flower Child has read at five schools during this period of time. Clisby, Morgan, Weir, Bruce and most recently at Vineville Academy. Today a Fifth Grade Scholar asked me if I ever tire of reading. I informed the questioner that I am Retired and also a Volunteer Reader. If I ever tire, and I do not anticipate that I ever will, I will not read. As you all know, the wonderful thing about being a Volunteer is that no one can terminate your job. As I often tell others when they wish me a "Good Day," that I am sure I will because the alternative is not all that great.

As those who know me well, my mantra is to continue to enjoy life.



No comments: