Tuesday, May 29, 2007


Everlasting Gratitude

As I arranged the photo shoot for the above image yesterday, Memorial Day 2007, I could not help but think of the song, "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" from the Civil War era. Especially the verse that spoke of lilies. I quote it here:

In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea,
With a glory in His bosom that transfigures you and me:
As He died to make men holy, let us live to make men free;
[originally …let us die to make men free]
While God is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! While God is marching on.


Then this morning after I gathered my Newspaper and I was struck with the beauty of these "Everlast Hydrangeas" as I returned to my home. It is my wish and also my prayer today that we will be ever grateful everyday for the Freedoms we enjoy and for the most part take for granted. Let us never forget!!!

No comments: