Friday, October 18, 2013

Doing Business in 2013

Recently I called a business to inquire about a certain product.  Once the phone was answered there was a great amount of hissing/background noise/garbles.  I asked the person to call me back and the response was that this is normal.  The business was attempting to conduct business with a "Cell Phone."

I can not comprehend any business presenting itself to the potential customer and informing them that the customer must appreciate their "Cell Phone" and the hissing/background noise/garbles.

If this is the new method/mantra for impressing potential customers I am certainly one who is out of touch.  Needless to say, I found another organization that cares about the potential customer.  I do not know if they have a land line or rely on a cell phone; but I can state that phone communications with their potential customers was of such fine quality that I immediately commenced to do business with this firm.  They care about their reputation and their ability to communicate with the customer in an outstanding manner.

One thing is for sure, if I ever contact any business that relies on a poor cell phone connection and/or equipment I will simply hang up on them.  There is no need for any business to ignore it's reputation and it's ability to communicate with customers and even potential customers.

Let the word be published.  A Cell Phone is not an excuse for poor or inferior communication with anyone, especially if you desire to earn anyone's business.

Thank You!!!!

No comments: