Friday, October 18, 2013

Savoring the South
Macon Federation of Garden Clubs
Luncheon
October 17, 2013
James Farmer of Kathleen, Georgia was the speaker for the Second Year for the Macon Federation of Garden Clubs Fund Raiser.  There were 35 tables and various decorators and garden club members were recruited to decorate at least one table for eight guests.

This was the second year that I volunteered to decorate a table.  I started with a "Berry Picking Tray" which I acquired in Blue Ridge, Georgia a few months ago.  You will note that there are eight small baskets in the Tray.  I decided to place a food staple in each of the eight baskets.

Lima Beans
Pinto Beans
Black Eye Peas
Elbow Macaroni
Grape Tomatoes
Dried Peaches
Grapes
Pecans


Because each table was to be judged for competition to select
the three best we were not allowed into the venue until 9:00 A.M.
The decoration needed to be complete by 10:00 A.M.  Therefore
I decided to make my tray and basket arrangement on the
tailgate of my pickup so that I would be ready to place
everything on the table as soon as I was able to enter the
venue.

Here you can see my posing with my decorated table.

A close up of the tray and baskets.  Each basket also had a
Deep Red Carnation in a 35 MM Film Canister with water
to keep the flower fresh.

After we enjoyed our Lunch, James Farmer gave a very inspiring talk about how food and presentation have an impact on our daily lives.  He shared recollections from his youth and how his love of food and nice decor was developed with the influence of his family and friends.

It was a wonderful event!!!!


I had acquired Battenberg Lace Napkins and placed them in petite Stainless
Steel Napkin Rings.  A Friend of mine lettered the place cards.
The China displayed here is from My Bride's Collection.





No comments: