Friday, March 13, 2009

"Changing Times"

Yes, we all realize that "Times They Are Changing." Some among us may we wondering why!!! Some among us may be asking themselves who is at fault!!! Then there are most likely those among us who are also experiencing the same situation and they are wondering "Why Me?"
Admittedly, I, the Flower Child have a few more years on this Planet than a fair number of our duly elected leaders. I have fond memories of my Granddad telling me how America suffered during the 1930s because people focused on fun, unlimited pleasure and did not consider the future during the 1920s.
I can also recall the good years of my life when I was drawing a retired check from the United States Government for services rendered and also employed at a local factory here in Middle Georgia. I had the opportunity to witness first hand many of my peers who tried to emulate their forebearers of the 1920s.
It is a shame that we are in the current situation, but from my limited point of view and my own experience in life I must simply say that we will not improve our lot by trying to fix blame on anyone or any event. As a Society we must realize that the immediate future looks bleak, but if we keep a sane and sensible attitude we will survive. We can learn from the mistakes of the past and not attempt to resolve our current situation by doing the same stupid things that have not worked in the past because it appears that they will not work now or in our immediate future. I have heard many of my peers state that we can not tax our way out of this mess. I think I must agree with that approach.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the blog this morning. I was particularly impressed as to how much information was captured in the one picture of the house and car for sale. In that one picture we have the mortgage bankers, car manufacturer, auto financing firm and the manicured lawn (Mexicans) all in one shot.

Anonymous said...

You are on target