Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Crazies - The Flower Child was an Extra
Last Evening and this Morning was very interesting. The Flower child was a movie extra at a Truck Stop in Interstate 75 just South of Cordele, Georgia. If you have never been an extra you would be amazed at the diligence of the Film Director and the various Producers display to make a realistic movie.
Of course were not allowed to take pictures during the "takes" but many extras were shooting candid shots during breaks. As an extra it is very easy to get tired of the multitude of takes required to get just what the Director is looking for. However, before each retake were often encouraged with the words "pretend" that this is our first take.
I know all about getting out of a cattle car and running to safety. I did not count the number of times we did this but I can assure you that we did it many, many times. We were well fed and even had an abundance of snacks to consume during filming breaks.
I am now looking forward to applying to be an extra for "The Hardest Hitter," which will soon be filmed in Macon.
Of course I am looking forward to viewing the movie.

1 comment:

William said...

Photos Alan! Photos! Where are they?

I was recently an extra in the filming of "Get Low" a movie starring Robert Duvall, Sissy Spacek, and Bill Murray. It was a great experience but I won't do it again. It was way to much "hurry up and wait" for me.

However, I did take photos of filming the movie and posted them online!