Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Another Yankee Visits Georgia

Recently my Cousin visited Georgia. I was his tour guide. On March 23, 2010 we visited Andersonville National Cemetary.

On our way to the Cemetery he observed this Cabbage Patch. On our return to Macon we stopped so that he could acquire this picture.


We visited the Prisioner of War Museum and the Cemetery as well as the Camp. Here you see my Cousin posing beside one of the Shebangs (recreated) that the prisoners used to protect themselves from the weather.

My Cousin also appreciated the lovely homes that we passed on the way to Andersonville. We stopped at this one.


I even learned some "Peach History" as I read this marker. It was near the street in front of the home in the picture above.



The Peach Trees were in full bloom. I can taste the 2010 Peaches as I post this entry. The peach cobbler is always a Summer Time Treat here in Middle Georgia.





No comments: