Monday, April 05, 2010

Paper Mache Easter Eggs - Easter 2010
Almost everyone knows that I have two great grandkids in Middle Georgia. Recently while reading my Gift Subscription to Martha Stewart Living I learned about Paper Mache Easter Eggs. I thought to myself, I can do that.
Therefore on Friday, April 2 I started my Paper Mache Easter Egg Project. Knowing that the task could be messy I took over the garage. I started out by blowing up two balloons to about ten inches across. I then cut up newspapers to apply to the balloons with an appropriate paste. I used a simple paste of one part flour and two parts of water. I dipped the newspaper strips in the paste mixture and applied it to the balloons. I used the pink Cherry Blossom Festival Schedule from "The Telegraph" for one balloon and white printed paper for the other.

This is the first step which I performed on Friday which allowed the newsprint time to dry. However by Saturday morning it was not dry enough to place the torn up tissue on with more paste so I borrowed my Bride's Blow Dryer to complete the drying process.





Here you see me on Saturday afternoon applying the green tissue paper on a balloon. Once it dried I applied a coat of "Mod Podge" so that the eggs would have a nice gloss look. Once again I used the Blow Dryer to complete the task.






Once the coating was dry I cut the top out so that I could place the "Peeps" on a bed of straw and place them on the Breakfast Room Table for the arrival of the Grand Kids on Easter Sunday Afternoon.
Of course you will have to view another Blog Post to view the finished Paper Mache Easter Eggs.




No comments: