Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Beauty Abounds In Middle Georgia
Flower Child's Gardens

Spring in Middle Georgia would not be complete without an abundance of Azaleas. The builder of our Home planted many, but through the years we have added more. They are a bit late this year. I can recall when they were in bloom during some of the past Cherry Blossom Festivals.


This is a view of the blooms in the East Garden. The red blooms always command attention. I hope that you enjoy these pictures.

I have always appreciated Bridal Wreath Blooms. I have fond memories of these shrubs from my Childhood in the Holy Land - a.k.a. Northeast Iowa.


Just behind this display of Bridal Wreath Blooms you can see the Spring foliage of the Burning Bushes which also adorn the East Gardens. The Bridal Wreath provide white beauty in the Spring while the Burning Bushes provide red beauty in the Fall.

This picture features the base trunks of a Crape Myrtle Shrub. I do not know the name of this Shrub, but I do know that some Crape Myrtles grow to a height of sixty feet. This one is at least twenty-five feet tall. Like the Burning Bush it does not bloom in Spring, but provides Summer Time beauty.
I try to have something in bloom every month of the year.






No comments: