Saturday, April 24, 2010

Learning is a Life Long Process

The Flower Child Is Still Learning
The last two days have been a real revelation for me. I found out that I am still learning new information.

Friday, April 23, 2010:
  • As I was waited for my Drugs at my local market I visited the Deli Department. I took note of the Cheese Display which featured some upscale Swiss cheese. I noted the container to learn that the Cheese had been imported from Finland. I was shocked to learn this information in as much as I always thought that Swiss Cheese came from Switzerland. Before this revelation I had enjoyed Sub Sandwiches as my mind processed images of Alpine Mountains.
  • After I acquired my drugs I returned to my home. During the transit I enjoyed the afternoon talk radio show that I frequently listen to. My listening pleasure was interrupted with an announcement: "Men to you wake up at night to urinate?" Duh!!! I sincerely hope so. I know that I do. The other option would be to try to sleep in a wet bed!!!
  • Last evening I took the opportunity to visit a local dining establishment here in Bibb County Georgia. I enjoyed the food very much. Prior to my departure I visited the Male "Restroom" to tidy up my hands and lips. The "ribs" were great. Once inside the restroom I read the required sign: "Employees Must Wash Their Hands...........!!!" In as much as this was my purpose I placed one hand under the soap dispenser and I engaged the dispenser with my other hand. I was amazed to view the output of the dispenser. The amount of soap was not enough to even clean the surface of my little finger nail. After rinsing my hands and wiping my lips clean I departed the "Restroom" wondering how the employees could clean their hands after visiting the "Restroom!" I did report this to the person in the "Dining Establishment's Office" prior to my egress from the establishment. I am left to wonder if the soap dispenser is working today. You can be sure that I will visit the restroom of any dining facility before I place my order. After all, I expect any food I consume to be prepared by "clean hands." I would encourage others to visit the restroom prior to placing an order in any dining facility. I am confident that somewhere in Middle Georgia there are dining establishment that have functioning soap dispensers.

Saturday, April 24, 2010:

  • Today I once again ventured out to perform some essential errands. I departed my home and there was a slight amount of rain falling. Just enough to require the operation of the Windshield Wipers on my vehicle. I have always been a firm believer of practicing defensive driving. Thus, if I need to operate the wipers I will also engage the headlights. A basic defensive driving essential. Well, I was shocked again as I traveled the busy Tucker Road here in West Bibb County. A fair number of drivers had the Windshield Wipers in operation, yet they displayed no knowledge of the basic defensive driving practice of operating the headlights. I am not talking about uneducated vehicle operators here. These drivers appeared to be educated enough that they had the funds to acquire some fairly expensive transportation. As I compose this Post I recall more than one Lexus, a Mercedes or two and even a BMW. I would humbly suggest that if you have the income to acquire any vehicle such as this and have the wipers in operation it would also be appropriate to engage the headlights.

I think that I will have a relaxing evening and reflect on all the knowledge that I have acquired the last two days.

I wish you all an enjoyable evening!!!!

No comments: