Thursday, February 24, 2011

Nothing To Do
in
Middle Georgia
I am always amazed when I hear some of my peers discuss the fact that there is nothing to do in Middle Georgia. 

Last Friday, February 18, 2011 I attended a "Masterworks At Noon Series" concent which featured Ben Altman on guitar at the Neva Langley Fickling Hall, McCorkle Music Building at Mercer University.  This event was part of the Townsend School of Music outreach to the community. 

The young Ben Altman presented a program of music of classical guitar which consisted of music composed by Bach, Tower and Tansman. 

When I think of Bach I do not think of guitar music, but I can certainly say that I enjoyed the concert and look forward to future programs presented by Ben Altman who is a Macon, Georgia Native but now residing and teaching in Denver, Colorado.

Well Done, Ben!!!!

No comments: