Friday, February 04, 2011

 CrimeStoppers of Middle Georgia

Bibb County Georgia Jail

On November 8th of 2010 I attended the 9th Annual Crime Stoppers Community Luncheon here in Macon, Georgia.  I was a guest of Mr. Charles E. Richardson of "The Telegraph."   Prior to the Luncheon everyone of us (several hundred) had the opportunity to participate in the Silent Auction to raise funds for the CrimeStoppers.  I placed a bid on the Wide Screen Television, but the bidding quickly passed my self imposed limit.   I did place a bid on "Lunch with the Sheriff," which I won.

I am happy to report that the Lunch with the Sheriff event happened on Wednesday, February 2, 2011.  The Lunch was donated by "Market City Cafe" in downtown Macon and we both enjoyed the opportunity to have Lunch at this supporter of CrimeStoppers.  After the lunch the Sheriff invited me to the Bibb Law Enforcement Center (LEC) and I accepted.  I was given a guided tour and observed first hand the dedication of the entire staff there.  I did not formerly realize that the Jail is indeed a small city.  In addition to a place for sleeping, eating and confinement a jail is also a place where medical assistance is rendered to the inmates as they serve their sentence. 

As I concluded the tour I realized that a prisoner is afforded  health care, spiritual care and legal assistance as well as a place to eat and sleep.

I was impressed with the morale and attitude of the Staff at the Bibb County Jail (LEC) and am confident that they do their best to assist in the reclamation of these citizens.  Of course I am grateful that I have never had the opportunity to be incarcerated.


No comments: