Wednesday, November 02, 2011

"For Whom the Bell Tolls"

Some here may have read my Blog Post entitled "Wreaths Across America" which I posted a few days ago.

Within hours of posting this entry I received an E-Mail from a peer that discussed the Blog and the contents.  The purpose of my Blog Post was to encourage readers to participate in the 2011 "Wreaths Across America" be making an appropriate donation to honor our Nation's Past Heroes at various National Cemeteries.

After I read my peer's comments I considered posting his comments.  I also requested his permission, which was granted.   During my preparation to do so I thought "What Should I Title" this post.  I quickly thought of the title and conducted appropriate research.  I suspected that it was a great novel and I quickly ascertained that it was written by Ernest Hemingway in 1939 and published in 1940. 

I found a brief summary of this book and  quote it here:

"This novel is told primarily through the thoughts and experiences of Robert Jordan, a character inspired by Hemingway's own experiences in the Spanish Civil War, as a reporter for the North American Newspaper Alliance. Robert Jordan is an American who travels to Spain to oppose the fascist forces of Francisco Franco"

I now take the opportunity to quote my peers comments regarding my post about "Wreaths Across America."

"I totally agree with the concept and will contribute but that was not the first think that I thought of when I received your post this a.m.  What I thought of was funeral wreaths strung on every door of this once great nation.  America is dying, she may even be dead!  And this chills my heart to the bone.  We have a self-appointed, as they are truly not elected, any longer government of princes,/  Princesses', kings' and queens' most of whom don't give a damn about anyone's rights but their own.  Over the past 20 years I've watched as the Bill of Rights has progressively been eaten away at the fringes.  Very soon now the meat of our rights will be at stake.  The manner in which the "Occupy" groups are bein ghandled are the mere tip of the ice berg.  It starts with the right to protest what are truly grave injustices and ends by the loss of free speech being couched in terms of politically correct behavior.  I'm not so young as to have forgotten the vivil atrocities and mindset that occurred and were required under Brezhnev and his formidable lackey's.  The Marxist mentality, though utopian in its sounds, smells of bull manure now just as it did then...nothing has changed but the countries at the table!!  So the first question I'd like to ask our great men and women in harm's way right now is "what are you fighting for as the enemy is now within?"  I'd like to ask them to come home as there are more important things to do here.  But these are simply the ramblings of a very well travelled constitutionalist and of one who does truly love AMERICA not the current country, the once awesome country but the continued idea!"

I will conclude this post entitled "For Whom the Bell Tolls" with this reminder from an earlier post today.  "We Are At War!!!"  It will take the engagement of "All Hands" to win this Battle.  Are you ready?


No comments: