Wednesday, November 01, 2006


Flower Child
in a Red State
October 31, 2006: What a Grand and Glorious Day. Our President and Commander in Chief visited Middle Georgia. While at the event I was afforded the opportunity to have my face painted by a dedicated group of volunteers who were also assisting by providing a Party atmosphere to the event.
I am glad I attended the event and also appreciated the remarks of our President. This was of vital concern to me after I heard the comments of a former Presidential Candidate expouse his views on the intelligence and/or work ethic of those who serve in Iraq.
I, even though I am a Flower Child do not appreciate any remarks that indicate that our current military personnel are lacking in dedication to the task or may not have the dedication to do well in school.
I could go on and on today, but just for openers; may I remind my dear readers that to be a Nuclear Power Plant Operator on a Navy Carrier or Navy Submarine requires that you have a fair amount of intelligence. Plus, you have to survive a rather intense back ground check on your loyalty and past habits.
In closing, I, Flower Child; salute the Heroes we have on Active Duty.

No comments: