Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Things I Have Learned This Election Cycle!!


I have learned that if I had lived in the Atlanta Metro Area that I would not care about agriculture. Correct me if I am incorrect, I always thought that people in the Atlanta area enjoyed eating food as much as the rest of us.
After viewing a plethora of Television Commercials it would appear that if you want to be considered a conservative candidate that your commercial will sport an image of "The National Rifle Association," or even better, your campaign has been endorsed by the National Rifle Association.
Now, if you really want to come across as a "Down Home" candidate driven by family values you will wear a Hat with the John Deere Logo. Even better, have your buddy in the commercial walking in a field or country lane and he sports a Hat with the familiar John Deere Logo. Of course you, the candidate must have an arm around the buddy as the commercial airs.
All of this stated because I enjoy this type of advertising. It sort of reminds me of the spot that I enjoy the most when NASCAR has a race day on Television. What does rookie Denny Hamlin do when he wins a race. Of course, He calls his Mom, and she is taking a tray of chocolate chip cookies out of the oven. Now, you can not get more down home than that; unless it is taking a freshly baked meat loaf out of the oven before you make the cookies.
Maybe food will be the focus in the 2008 round of campaign commercials.

No comments: