Sunday, November 05, 2006













Name Calling
Soon the season of name calling will cease, at least for about eighteen months. What you are viewing here are "Lovers"/A Trained Killer/A Youthful Sailor/A Yellow Dog/A Blue Dog and one more Yellow Dog. During my life on this planet, I have often been called names. Most of that happened when I was in my youth. As we prepare for the election this Tuesday, let us cast aside the terms used by so many and vote for the person. Hopefully the winners will determine that they have been elected to serve the common good. I would also hope that they even refer to the Constitution of the United States of America. I know that when I was a tender young Sailor that I had to take an oath to defend the constitution and obey the orders of those who served over me. I would hope that each duly elected/re-elected citizen of this great nation, no matter what level, city, county, state or nation will take this opportunity to obey the laws of this land and actually serve for the good of the peoples. When I say "for the good of the peoples," I mean that they actually serve for the long term good of us all. There should never be any regard for serving for the good of the elected. We the electors are actually in charge. Unfortunately we have let that concept slip into the shadows of our history, as we also seek to elect those who can be of the greatest benefit to us for the short term.

No comments: