Tuesday, February 03, 2009

"Bad Corporations"
Last evening as I was observing the "Georgia Public Television" Lawmakers program I learned that it is possible that we have a lack of funds to support the current Homeowners Property Tax relief because of the tax breaks we have given to corporations.
I would like to go on record here with this statement. The State of Georgia should encourage all corporations to leave the State of Georgia immediately. Our Georgia Chamber of Commerce should also encourage all corporations to seeking information about Georgia to Look Elsewhere.
Our fine lawmakers certainly have our best interest at heart. We do not need any evil corporations doing business in Georgia. After all, our lawmakers can enact programs that will care for us all. None of us need any employment!!!!!
As I considered the previous two paragraphs I realized how unfair it is to give any tax breaks to corporations who desire to locate to Georgia. After all it is these corporations who provide the jobs that most Georgia Citizens desire.
I really do not think that the Government of the State of Georgia can provide for all of our needs, much less wants. It would be a real interesting situation, and a first in our Nation, if all the residents of Georgia were employees of the State.
That stated, I certainly feel that tax breaks for corporations my indeed allow us all to have employment. I would encourage our Bibb delegation to consider the "real world." The purpose of this entry is to remind our Bibb Delegation that while you may not always agree with each other, the discussion by Senator Robert Brown on Georgia Public Television last evening certainly did not reflect what Georgia Citizens need to know or realize. His discussion was certainly inflammatory. After all, we can not have any home owner property tax relief because of the tax breaks we have given these "Bad Corporations." Please note that I, the Flower Child added the word Bad.
This whole discussion allows me to recall a social event where I heard the spouse, a female, decry the action of her husband regarding a small insignificant event. He promptly replyed, "Bad Husband." "Bad Husband."
Problem solved. The Wife immediately disengaged from her comments.

No comments: