Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sixty-Nine

Admittedly it is difficult to believe, but the Flower Child was born on this date in 1940. It would be twenty-two months before the United States of America became involved in World War II. The Flower Child's Parents were Farmers in Northeast Iowa, Clayton County to be exact.
In 1940 they were renting from My Dad's Father. In 1941 they purchased their first, and only farm near Ceres. My parents operated this 80 acre farm and at times rented additional land for crops and raised six children.
I have a vivid memory of the day that World War II was over. My Mom took us aside and informed us that the War is Over Today. We did not understand what was going on, but as we learned in following years this was a major event in the World.
The gift basket I received today is from a very dear Church Friend who currently lives in Stone Mountain, Georgia. Thank You Very Much, Dorothy.

1 comment:

Northeast Iowa resident said...

wow! That looks like a treat!