Friday, February 13, 2009

"Leadership"
Our Speaker of the House of Representatives has just completed the work required to pass the Economic Stimulus Bill and it is now being forwarded to the U. S. Senate. From what I understand this had to be enacted today because the Speaker had a Flight booked to Rome, Italy.
Once I heard this I quickly recalled the old tale of "Rome Burned While Nero Fiddled." I determined that this may not have been the case after I visited this site:
Rome did indeed burn in 64 A.D., which would have been some 1946 years ago. I looked this up because I quickly thought that our Honorable Speaker is abandoning the Country now, after this Stimulus Bill is passed in the House. What will happen if the Senate rejects it? Will our Honorable Speaker shorten her stay in Rome to keep the U. S. A. from Burning?
An interesting question!!!!! From my point of view, a real leader would stand by the situation until it is totally resolved and not abandon the project in mid-stream. But then I guess the paradigms have changed from when I was a Sailor. I was taught, and I think rightfully so, that one does not give up on the project until it has been totally completed. I am afraid that while times have changed, we have lost all vision of what made our Country great in the first place. Our Founders must be wondering what is going on.
Thank You!!!!!

No comments: