Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Angel Trumpet Blooms

In addition to Lenten Rose (Helleborus) Blooms in December through March each year I enjoy the Angel Trumpet Blooms. Here you see two views of one bloom. You can appreciate the size of this flower as you compare it to the Flower Child.
You may also recall that recently I published a Post about the delightful looking Night Blooming Cereus Flower.
Recently a good friend of mine reminded me of the potential dangers of the Angel Trumpet Plant and Flowers. This caused me to conduct a search on the World Wide Web and I found this site:
Please scroll down to the section labeled "A Highly Toxic Plant" and learn more about the dangers of this plant. I would urge everyone to respect this plant, just as you would a potato or tomado plant.
In addition to learning about the dangers of this plant the above referenced site contains other useful information about this lovely plant, especially when it is in bloom.

No comments: