Sunday, September 06, 2009

"The Future"
or
What Lies Ahead for the
United States of America?
Several weeks ago I received an E-Mail which listed all of the Staffers which We The People are paying for who are the government Pay Roll to support the First Lady of the United States of America.
As I often do, I recalled my History Lessons from my Elemementary and Secondary Education time frame. I had learned that the Roman Empire declined because they essentially became self centered. The British Empire declined because they, much like the Romans became inwardly focused and the nobility were all too powerful.
As I considered the number of White House Staffers for our First Lady I inquired of the Website we can all use titled "Snopes" to learn the real truth. You can see for your self what I learned from Snopes at this site:
In addition to our current First Lady, our former First Lady had a high number of Staffers. While this might appear appropriate it also displays how far those who lead have traveled to expand their influence/power. As you can ascertain when reading Snopes it is not a Democrat or a Republican problem. It is a problem that we all must consider as we consider the future of the United States of America. Are we setting ourselves up to become another "former World Power" such as the Romans and the British have experienced? One could certainly see this happening in as much as we now appear to also be on the path of becoming very self-centered at the top governing levels.
Anyone who has watched any National News concerning the United States of America also realizes that our Current President has set up a plethora of "Czars" to assist him in managing the United States of America. From what I understand these Czars are only accountable to our President. Additionally it is my understanding that many of these Czars are taking the place of various Federal Departments, with the one exception that the Czars are not approved or in some cases not vetted by appropriate authority. For a list of Czars as of please visit this site, also on the World Wide Web:
Now to be totally fair and correct, I just noted on my Internet Explorer that the "Green" Czar has resigned this date.
The Czar situation is yet another example of the exercise of power which is currently uncontrolled and the consequences do not appear to be of any value to the citizens of the United States of America. The Czar appointments appear to me to be another quest for control and power over "We The People" without the benefit of appropriate oversight by the members of Congress or the Judicial Branch of our Government.
It is the Flower Child's opinion that what we are all witnessing is a quest for absolute "Power" over the United States of America. Certainly not a situation that is even condoned in our Constitution of the United States of America.
So the question as I conclude this Post is: Were my Elementary and High School Teachers incorrect when they told me that I must study History so that I can be a part of the Citizenship who will be watching our government so that we do not make the same mistakes Former World Powers allowed? As a Citizen of the United States of America I hope that we as a Society are not too late!!! We must not be lead astray by those who seek power for the sake of power alone.

No comments: