Thursday, October 15, 2009

Christmas Trees For Our Heroes
Please bear with me for a few minutes. You are a young Soldier, Marine, Airman or a Sailor and you will be deployed and away from your Family for Christmas 2009!!
You are a young child and your parent, either a Mom or a Dad is deployed and engaged in fighting the War on Terrorism. Money for house hold necessities is tight and you have already been informed that this Christmas may not be the same as last year.
Both of these challenging situations will play out often this Christmas of 2009. While I was attending the Georgia National Fair I visited the Christmas Tree Displays. The Displays featured Trees from Christmas Tree Growers from throughout Georgia as well as Christmas Trees decorated by exhibitors from several Georgia Communities. I was talking to a Christmas Tree Grower who supports a Tree Donation Program which supports our Nation's Heroes and their Families.
The Organization is known as "Christmas SPIRIT Foundation." I picked up one of their brochures and discovered the following information:
  • More than 50,000 families have received a Real Christmas Tree through the Trees for Troops program since 2005
  • Over 750 Christmas tree farmers from 27 states have contributed to the program
  • 800 volunteers assist with the program every year
  • Trees have been delivered to 53 bases and 17 countries
  • The Christmas Spirit is enhanced for all who give and receive

You can learn more about this non-profit organization by visiting their website at:

http://www.christmasspiritfoundation.org/

I was impressed with the scope of operations that this organization has achieved in a mere four years. I promised the spokesperson at the Fair Booth that I would make a donation. I have and I would encourage everyone who has the ability to also do so. I can think of no better Christmas Gift to present to our Nation's Heroes or to these Families than a real live Christmas Tree.

I suggest that you donate through the Website which I referenced above or to mail a donation to:

Christmas SPIRIT Foundation

Suite 300

16020 Swingley Ridge Road

Chesterfield, MO 63017

Just think of the Christmas Spirit that you will foster by donating to this organization. Have a Blessed Christmas. I know that I am early with this request, but I remain confident that if all of us donate to this organization that Christmas will be much better for so many. Thank You!!!

No comments: