Thursday, October 22, 2009

Drug Awareness
Last evening it was my good fortune to attend "The Mentors Project of Bibb County, Inc." Drug Awareness Program at Miller Middle School here in Macon, Georgia.
The Keynote speaker was Dr. Wallace Keese of Fort Valley State University. In addition to his talk he had visual examples of what drugs can do to your body. A very powerful display which should cause anyone to think about the consequences of doing drugs.
The entertainment for the evening consisted of several vocal groups and a soloist. One group from Bibb County's Central High School left a lasting impression on me. They had a rap about doing well in school and how everyone should follow their dream.
As I left the Program the protege who attended with me had this brief, yet powerful summary of the evening: "That Was Good Info."
That consise statement proved to me that the system works.
Thank You!!! I would urge everyone to consider Mentoring a Student. It is a very rewarding experience.

No comments: