Sunday, July 19, 2009

2009 World Wide Photo Walk
Alan's Images - 18 July 2009
Macon, Georgia U.S.A.

I participated in Scott Kelby's Second Worldwide Photo walk on Saturday, July 18, 2009. The local leader was Clay Teague. The Walk was limited to 50 people and I did not count them, but I would say that forty were in attendance. We met at Rose Hill Cemetery and took various shots there. We then walked the Area of College Street, Orange Street, Bond Street, Georgia Avenue and Spring Street. Although it was a bit on the warm side I feel that I captured some respectable images.
These attached houses are on Walnut Street just up from the former White Lighting Barbeque eating establishment.
Of course this is an image I took at Rose Hill. The fence and the monument caught my eye and I just had to take a picture.

This building is at the corner of Walnut Street and College Street. It is currently the site for several charity organizations in Macon, Georgia.


A major challenge was to capture the pictures without the infrastructure showing. This almost end view of a College Street Mansion which is now law offices caught my eye. I appreciated the side lighting from the setting sun.
The Walk commenced at 5:00 P.M. so there was a great amount of bright sun. The best time for photos of this type would have been early morning or a bit later in the evening. That stated, I did enjoy the walk and the ability to see how others framed up their images. The fellowship of likeminded photographers was also a lot of fun.



No comments: